Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So, after all my worrying about Principessa finding a place in school, I had a very welcome phonecall - whilst I was out - letting me know that she has a place in a nursery about a mile away from me. Luckily, bro was home to pick up the call, and we arrived home about half an hour before the teachers arrived at the house to meet us both.
The teachers seemed quite nice, and Principessa took to one of them really quickly. I suppose that was due to the bribes of new jigsaws to play with, but still, it's very unlike her to trust someone so quickly. The other teacher and I had a good talk and did all the silly bits of administration, though she looked rather shocked at some of the things that I told her Principessa could do. Maybe she thought I was lying when I told her that Principessa could count to and recognise numbers upto 20, that she knew and could recognise the letters of the alphabet, and that she knew all her colours and shapes. Can I help it if she is a sponge and can take things in quicker than little cat Z and the voom cleaning up the snow!
Anyway, we had a nice day out before the school news. We popped into Borders and Starbucks with Grandand and Nanny. Principessa loved running round the kids books section, picking up books and sitting at a little table to thumb through them. She was very happy when she chose a Peppa Pig book to buy. She also got a Harry Potter Hedwig owl and a chess set (yeah I know, bit young and all). I have to say she has loved playing with the chess set, making little Stonehenge style monuments with the chess pieces on the board!

No comments: